Forrest K. Harstad
I construct balanced strategies that advance business leaders’ authentic purposes and inspire their teams
BUSINESS CONSULTING SKILLS
TEAMBUILDING AND GROUP RENEWAL that develops mission-centered cultures, business growth, and goal realization.
EFFECTIVE AND STRATEGIC COMMUNICATION that results in team engagement, compliance, and productivity.
ORGANIZATIONAL ASSESSMENT that accurately identifies stumbling blocks and leads to impactful strategic planning.
ONE-ON-ONE EXECUTIVE COACHING that empowers leaders to articulate purpose with laser precision.
Business Administration Major
University of Minnesota – St. Paul, MN
- 15 hours realtor continuing education per year
- 7 hours builder continuing education per year
Deep Expertise In
“Forrest helped me make my employees happier and more productive. He was instrumental in helping us more-than-double our business volume.”
Michael P. Staples,
Twin City Framers
“Even the other subcontractors on the projects we do are cognizant of the ‘cut-above’ we display. Forrest was the tip of the spear in this effort.”
Braxton & Sons, Inc.
“We asked Forrest to be a board member in order to take advantage of his extensive experience in business. He gave us that and much more, far exceeding our expectations!”
“When it was tough going, Forrest supported, encouraged, motivated, and pushed me ahead. He is caring and tough, while understanding, wanting, and getting others to succeed.”
Regional Account Manager
“Forrest used examples and illustrations to help me see for myself what I could do. Thanks to Forrest, I moved my business and my life in the right direction, and I just had my highest sales season ever.”
KS Taylor Inc.
Harstad Holdings, Inc.
Business consulting and executive coaching services (and Real Estate holdings)
Consultant and Team Trainer
- Position companies for new growth, clarify business purpose, and design team training.
- Twin City Framers, Inc., privately-held framing carpentry company • 2011–2016
- Braxton and Sons, Inc., unionized construction company • 2011–2016
Better Living Homes, Inc.
From startup to awarded designer developer of new neighborhoods of association-maintained homes.
Owner, Chief Operations Officer
- Managed $10M budget, long-term development, sales, and sales management. • 1996-2011
Twin City Townhomes, Inc.,
From startup to 10th highest volume builder in MN
Owner, Chief Executive Officer
- Helmed P&L;, financing, corporate strategy, and construction of townhomes. • 1991-1996
Forrest K. Harstad Realty and Construction
From startup to awarded designer developer of new neighborhoods of custom homes.
- Designed, built, and brokered custom homes and developments.• 1980-1991
Leadership & Business Consulting Highlights
Coaching client to establish new business, take control, and regain life balance.
Client was in debt and subcontracting services in a stifling environment for low-level pay.
- Presented client with scale of administration to identify problem areas. Coached client to address difficult situations and provided business consulting, including cash flow management, professional networking, and business modeling.
- Empowered client to launch independent chiropractic clinic that quickly outgrew original space. Helped client overcome cash flow challenges, hire team of subcontractors, and regain healthy work life balance.
- Provided counsel that ultimately resulted in new professional connections and a fresh niche market to position business as leader in providing accident recovery treatment and hormone balancing treatment.
Flagship Academy Private School Board
Mentoring administrator and launching new private school.
Entrepreneur needed business coaching and support while breaking ground on new private school.
- Coached client through budgeting, cash flow management, advertising, and sales strategy. Served in advisory capacity on school board, led fundraising efforts and provided instrumental advice as school opened and eventually expanded.
Independent Real Estate Broker
Teaching client to transition from realtor to successful independent broker.
Client with no previous experience wanted to break in to real estate industry.
- Assisted client with business and industry basics, including licensure, marketing, and cash flow. Client opened his own brokerage and is doing well.
Showing client the way to a more fulfilling career.
Client felt stuck in a job with low financial and personal rewards.
- Coached her to a higher income, with job changes, sales techniques, and restored self-confidence.
GET IN TOUCH TODAY
“Project development, efficient operations, business growth (vs. cash management), employee development, and sales training are all driven by a shared purpose. Success happens when we get the purpose clearly stated and we then design a model everyone can get behind.”